Williams Chapel A.M.E. Church

1908 Glover ST
Orangeburg, SC 29115

Description

Architect Miller F. Whittaker’s design in 1915 of this church has been described as an elegant essay in Gothic Revival style. Whittaker was the director of the Department of Mechanical Arts as SC State College and also the first practicing African-American architect in the state. Although construction began in 1915 it was not completed until en years later. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

1908 Glover ST
Orangeburg, SC 29115

 

Details

  • Civil War