Hanover House

150 Discovery LN South Carolina Botanical Garden
Clemson, SC 29634-5615

Description

A Colonial French Huguenot family Paul St. Julien built this plantation house in 1716 on what is now the site of the Santee Cooper project. In 1941, when the homesite was to be flooded, the house was dismantled and moved to Clemson College, now Clemson University as a monument of Colonial architecture. The interior was restored with the assistance of the Colonial Dames representing the lifestyles of lowcountry planters from Colonial settlement through the Revolutionary War.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

150 Discovery LN South Carolina Botanical Garden
Clemson, SC 29634-5615

Phone: 864-656-2241
Fax: 864-656-1026
Website
 

Details

  • Admission : $5 adults; $2 children 6-12; $4 senior citizens
  • Days and Hours of Operation : Sa 10am-noon and 1-4:30pm; Su 2-4:30pm; Wednesdays seasonally; additional hours by appointment
  • Days and Holidays Closed : All Clemson University holidays and home football games.
  • Checks Accepted
  • Discounts : Senior Citizens