Fort Frederick

1 Pickney BLVD Naval Hospital Grounds
Beaufort, SC 29902

Description

Now a part of the grounds of the Naval Hospital, ruins remain of an old tabby fort built by the British in 1732 for protection against the Spanish, French and Indians. The fort, also known as Fort Prince Frederick, is thought to be the oldest tabby structure in the state. It was abandoned in 1758.

The preserve is closed to the public except for pre-arranged tours.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

1 Pickney BLVD Naval Hospital Grounds
Beaufort, SC 29902

Phone: 803-734-3893
Website
 

Details

  • Days and Hours of Operation : The preserve is closed to the public except for pre-arranged tours. Please call 803-734-3893 for information. The preserve is closed to the public except for pre-arranged tours. Please call 803-734-3893 for information. The preserve is closed to the public except for pre-arranged tours. Please call 803-734-3893 for information. Only by pre-arranged tours. Call: 803-734-3893