Campbell's Covered Bridge

Campbell's Bridge RD

Landrum, SC 29356


City: Landrum

Region: Mountains

Campbell's Covered Bridge

The only covered bridge remaining in South Carolina is a well-preserved piece of Upcountry history. Campbell's Covered Bridge is named for Lafayette Campbell, owner of a nearby grist mill who allowed his property to be used for the bridge's construction. Built in 1909, it bridges a lovely, meandering stream. Walk-through fences provide a close-up view. Covered bridges were especially popular in mountains because they provided extra protection for river and creek crossings in snow and ice. They also helped reduce travel time during various types of weather. Campbell's Covered Bridge site is now owned by Greenville County.

Things to do near Campbell's Covered Bridge

Nearby Attractions

  • {{}}

You might also like:

Issaqueena Falls/Stumphouse Tunnel
Region: Mountains
A short easy walking trail leads from Stumphouse Mountain Park to Issaqueena Falls, a beautiful 200-ft. cascade. Legend has it that the Indian maiden, Issaqueena, rode to ...
Boone Hall Plantation
Region: Coastal & Islands
Boone Hall is one of America's oldest working, living plantations, established in 1681 by Major John Boone. The present plantation manor house dates to 1935. The famous a ...
Kings Mountain National Military Park
Region: Mountains
On Oct. 7, 1780, a group of Patriot militia from what is now Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia defeated British Major Patrick Ferguson and h ...
Lunney House Museum
Region: Mountains
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this California style bungalow was built in 1909 by Dr. & Mrs. W.J. Lunney and occupied continuously by the Lunney fam ...
Old Town Hall Museum
Region: Coastal & Islands
Housed in the original Town Hall, the museum (c. 1900) depicts a turn-of-the-century Andrews home. Items in the museum are circa 1909, the year Andrews was founded. ...
Cheraw Lyceum
Region: Midlands
The Lyceum (c. 1820) began as a chancery court, became the Lyceum Meeting Room and private library, served as Cheraw's first telegraph office, and was both the Confedera ...