John De La Howe School

192 Gettys RD

McCormick, SC 29835


Phone: (864) 391-2131

City: McCormick

Region: Midlands

John De La Howe School

Located along the upper shores of Lake Thurmond, the John de la Howe School is the second oldest institution in the Carolinas, established in 1797 in accordance with the will of Dr. John de la Howe, a French physician who originally settled in Charleston at age 50 and eventually migrated to what is today McCormick County. A barn on site houses a country market with plants and crafts made by the students at the school.

Things to do near John De La Howe School

Nearby Attractions

  • {{item.name}}