This plantation home of James Witherspoon (1700-1768) was built in Williamsburgh Township in 1749. In August 1780, the house and grounds served as an encampment for 100 British dragoons and a large number of Tories. House was moved into Town limits in early 1970's for fire protection and beautifully restored. Owned by Williamsburgh Historical Society and used for special occasions, programs and exhibits. Open for visitors by appointment only.