Trinity Episcopal Church

171 Burn ST

Society Hill, SC 29593


Phone:

City: Society Hill

Region: Midlands

Trinity Episcopal Church

Trinity Church (c. 1834) was the first Episcopal Church in Darlington County and is the oldest original church building of any denomination still standing in the county. Though closed in 1929 for regular services, an April service is usually held the third Sunday at 4pm.

Things to do near Trinity Episcopal Church

Nearby Attractions

  • {{item.name}}

You might also like:

The Parish Church of St. Helena
Coast

Beaufort

Coast

Coast

The
Coast Region

Learn More
The parish was founded in 1712, but the original church was not completed until 1724, construction being interrupted due to the Yemassee War. Following the Union occupati ...
Old Stone Church
Mountains

Clemson

Mountains

Mountains

The
Mountains Region

Learn More
Revolutionary War hero Gen. Andrew Pickens and others built this Presbyterian church in 1797. The sanctuary was damaged by fire and is no longer in use, but stands watch ...
Mepkin Abbey
Coast

Moncks Corner

Coast

Coast

The
Coast Region

Learn More
An active Trappist monastery that welcomes both men and women retreatants. Daily visitors are welcome. The former plantation home of Henry Laurens, Congressional Constitu ...
First Baptist Church
Midlands

Columbia

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
The original church, built in 1811, was located at the corner of Sumter and Hampton Streets and was replaced by a second church in 1859. On December 17, 1860, delegates o ...
Fall Tours of Homes and Gardens
Coast

Charleston

Coast

Coast

The
Coast Region

Learn More
Friends of The Preservation Society of Charleston graciously welcome visitors inside the interiors of Charleston’s most historic private homes during the 40th Fall Tour o ...
Church Of The Holy Apostles
Midlands

Barnwell

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
Built in 1856 of pine in the typical Gothic style of the English Parish Church, tradition states this Episcopal sanctuary was used as a stable for Union horses by Gen. Ki ...