A Gothic-Revival structure with an unusual brick spire, this was the first church built in Greenville. The Rev. Rodolphus Dickerson organized the first members of this congregation in 1820 from families who were summering in the Upcountry to escape the heat of the coast. A small church was completed in 1826, but the congregation outgrew it. The present church was consecrated in 1854. A Gothic cruciform design was planned and over a period of years with further construction in 1875. The building was completed in 1880. A stained glass window of the Last Supper was installed in 1914 from Mayer Studios in Munich, Germany. The most recent expansion took place in 2007. Notables buried in the cemetery include town founder Vardry McBee.