St. Matthew's Lutheran Church

405 King ST
Charleston, SC 29403

Description

The second Lutheran congregation organized in Charleston in 1840, primarily for German speaking settlers. The present Gothic building, with its 297-foot steeple, was erected in 1872 and was rebuilt following a devastating fire in 1965. Spectacular stained glass windows tell biblical stories.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

405 King ST
Charleston, SC 29403

Phone: 843-723-1611
 

Details

  • Admission : Free
  • Days and Hours of Operation : Open Mon. - Fri. 8:30 - 4:30pm.