Cheraw Historic District & Town Green

200 Market ST

Cheraw, SC 29520


Phone: (888) 537-0014

City: Cheraw

Region: Midlands

Cheraw Historic District & Town Green

Laid out in 1768 by Eli Kershaw, Cheraw has long been known for its tree-lined streets and gardens as well as the architectural legacy of over 200 years. During the American Revolution the town was occupied by both British and American forces. More than 50 antebellum buildings and numerous Victorian and classical revival homes line the streets of Cheraw's historic district and Town Green. Among them, the Cheraw Town Hall (c. 1858), now used for city offices, the Cheraw Lyceum (c. 1820), now a small museum, the Inglis-McIver Law Office (c. 1830), and the Market Hall (c. 1837). Early 20th-century commercial buildings surround the green. Brochures detailing the town's award-winning Historic Cheraw Cell Phone Tour are available at the Cheraw Town Hall and the Cheraw Chamber of Commerce.

Things to do near Cheraw Historic District & Town Green

Nearby Attractions

  • {{item.name}}

You might also like:

Top