St. James A.M.E. Church

305 Cherry ST
Abbeville, SC 29620

Description

According to tradition, the church was organized in 1867 in a blacksmith shop on Penney Hill. The present church was constructed in 1899 by builder R.H. Humbert. The brick Gothic Revival structure features a square tower topped by an octagonal spire sheathed in patterned metal on the left fa├žade. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

305 Cherry ST
Abbeville, SC 29620