South Carolina Group Travel Services
GROUP TOUR PLANNING
South Carolina group travel services make group tour planning in the Palmetto State as easy as 1-2-3! From the available collateral to sample itineraries to links to local DMO Offices and South Carolina-based Receptive Operators, the Group Tour Office is here to support you.
Access our online travel guide to assist with your planning. Request a video tailored to the group tour market in DVD format. What a great way to show your clients the South Carolina experience---true Southern hospitality!
As part of the South Carolina group travel services, six itineraries have been developed to show tour operators what sort of activities can be included in any group tour offering from three days to two weeks. The Group Tour Office can assist in tailor planning an itinerary based on the needs of the specific operator.
- Black History Adventure---This Black History itinerary visits some of the most culturally rich areas of our state and leaves you with an appreciation of South Carolina’s diverse heritage.
- Discover the Sandy Shores of South Carolina---This Beaches itinerary winds through the wide, white sandy beaches of the South Carolina coast. You’ll leave with the smell of the salt air!
- Music, Museums and so Much More to Discover!---This A&E itinerary gives a variety of entertainment venues, attractions and museums located throughout the State. You might even learn how to dance The Charleston or The Shag!
- Camera, Lights, Action…Let ‘em Roll---This Film itinerary visits some of the most popular filming locations in the State. Do you remember Forest Gump, Prince of Tides, North and South and The Patriot? Come relive the experience in real life!
- See, Touch and Smell the Beauty of South Carolina---This Gardens itinerary will take you for a stroll through some of the world’s most beautiful flora and fauna. Take time to see, touch and smell!
- Historic Homes…A Parade into the Past---This Historic Homes itinerary travels to some of the oldest, well-preserved monuments to colonial architecture on the east coast. You might even see Miss Scarlet!
Welcome Centers are located at every interstate entrance into the state as well as one interior location on I-95. All centers are equipped with facilities and refreshment centers. South Carolina welcomes group tours. Our experienced staff can answer most travel questions and provide detailed information and brochures on the many attractions in the State. We have a special gift reserved for every group leader that registers the tour group with the Welcome Center Staff. The group leader is then eligible for a monthly prize drawing. You may also want to visit the South Carolina National Heritage Corridor website.
A listing of the South Carolina Convention & Visitors Bureau Offices and the South Carolina Tourism Regional Offices. These Offices are available to answer any questions particular to the specific geographic locations.
A complete listing of South Carolina-based Receptive Operators, which offers a wide variety of land-based services from step-on guides, hotel packages and group packages for local attractions.. Although the operators are listed by geographic location, most can operate state-wide. Contact the SC Group Tour Representative for help in choosing a receptive operator based on your specific needs.
For additional information or help with group tour planning, contact the Group Tour Representative.