- Brews and Birdies: Enjoy three nights at the Holiday Inn Charleston Riverside plus three rounds at any of these courses: Coosaw Creek Country Club, Dunes West Golf Club, Legend Oaks Golf & Tennis Club, Pine Forest Country Club, RiverTowne Country Club, The Golf Club at Wescott Plantation, Links at Stono Ferry or Wild Dunes Resort/Harbor Course. Throw in a 3.5-hour afternoon tour of local breweries and sample Charleston craft beers. Prices range from $154/person, per night, double occupancy (based on course selections), and are valid through Feb. 12, 2015. View the Charleston Golf Guide here.
- The head ball coach’s gear: Choose from an extensive line of palmetto-tree-themed golf clothing, caps, visors, jackets and more, including the “Steve Spurrier Signature” line, at The South Carolina Shops in Columbia. Other cool golf items are also available, including club brushes ($5.95), logo golf balls ($8.95/sleeve), palmetto tree and crescent moon driver head covers ($24.95), golf license tags ($5) and golf towels ($11.95). Visit scshops.com.
- Lighthouse specials: Get a memento from South Carolina’s only annual PGA Tour event, the RBC Heritage, at the Harbour Town Pro Shop, recipient of ranking in the Top 100 Golf Shops by Golf World magazine for 13 straight years. Clothing (with the distinctive Harbour Town lighthouse logo) is available for men and women from Nike, Adidas, Greg Norman Collection, Polo Ralph Lauren, Fairway & Greene and others, along with equipment from Nike, Titleist, Cleveland, Ping and Odyssey. Visit here
- Golf nirvana: Myrtle Beach has golf packages and deals for every player and every pocketbook. Check out this clearinghouse site for offers at 113 courses on the Grand Strand.
- Ladies only: Kiawah Island Resort offers its Women’s Golf Getaway Feb. 19-22, 2015, with golf instruction from some of the nation’s best teaching professionals. Options are available for intermediate and beginner players, as well as more accomplished players, in a “golfing gals’ boot camp” format. The weekend includes a reception at Kiawah’s The Sanctuary Hotel, work at stations for putting, chipping, pitching, bunker work, full swing, golf fitness and the mental game, and nine-hole on-course instruction, with a final day happy hour and awards dinner at the Turtle Point Clubhouse. Special rates are available to play The Ocean Course, site of the 1991 Ryder Cup and the 2012 PGA Championship. Prices start at $1,285 per person, double occupancy. Call 800.654.2924 or visit here.
- Indoor golf. Can’t get out on the range in winter weather (not that there’s much of that in South Carolina)? Practice your swing with an Izzo Golf Big Daddy 7’x7’ Insta-Net, which sells for $49.99. You can pick it up, along with other golf gear, at one of South Carolina’s nine locations of Academy Sports. For more information, visit here.
- Gearhead’s delight: Golfsmith stores in South Carolina are homes to the “Golfmas Gift Center,” with clothing, equipment, balls and gift cards. You can order online for discounts on apparel and shipping for Christmas. There are four locations in the state — Columbia, Greenville, Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. Check out Christmas specials here.