Discover what rural America is all about during the award-winning South Carolina Festival of Discovery in beautiful Uptown Greenwood. The event started in 2000, and has become the most highly anticipated event in the region. The festival celebrates the history, culture, food, arts, crafts, music and people that make South Carolina and Greenwood County such an incredible place to live and visit. Enjoy the weekend rubbin’ elbows with the BEST barbecue cookers from across the country! The Barbeque & Hash Cook-off, a SC State Championship and a Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned event, and was featured on the Food Network Challenge "Great American BBQ Showdown". What could be better than to spend a weekend enjoying the Blues with the backdrop aroma of barbecue?
The Festival of Discovery’s “Blues Cruise” celebrates the unique musical sound of the blues with numerous musical artists performing at Uptown Greenwood restaurants and venues while the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) BBQ and Hash Cook-Off focuses on the rich tradition of Carolina Barbeque.
Some event highlights to make note of this year.
- Blues music will be from 6 p.m. to midnight on Thursday, 11 a.m. to midnight on Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday.
- Barbecue is available for purchase beginning at 12 p.m. Thursday through Saturday night.
- Taster’s Choice is Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. - $1 per sample ticket.
- The Kids Que Cooking Competition is Friday, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Uptown Market.
- The Kids Zone Rides and Food Vendors are open Friday, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.