The Civil War breastworks on the southern end of this privately owned plantation were left over from the battle at Broxton Bridge in 1865, one of the last big defensive efforts for the Confederates before the battle at Columbia. The breastworks have been perfectly preserved. Two houses, one built in 1850 and one in 1880, have been restored and are used as a Bed and Breakfast. Property has been featured on "Carolina Camera" and the site is a favorite for historical tours. Lunch or dinner can be served with prior arrangement. A banquet hall seats approximately 130 people for meetings, conferences, receptions, etc.