The Old Cotton Factory Historical Marker

300 Chatham AVE

Rock Hill, SC 29730

Get Directions

Phone:

City: Rock Hill

Region: Midlands

The Old Cotton Factory Historical Marker

This historical marker in York County commemorates the Rock Hill Cotton Factory, established in 1881. The first steam-powered mill in South Carolina, it is now owned by Williams & Fudge, Inc.

You might also like:

River Park
Coast

Rock Hill

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
This 70-acre park along the Catawba River features more than three miles of scenic trails, a kayak/canoe launch, an outdoor classroom, picnic tables and a large picnic shelter. Trails include the River Trail along the Catawba River and the Wetlands...
Food & Drink
Coast

Lancaster

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
Locally owned and operated, Benford Brewing produces small-batch craft beer with only natural-based ingredients, using pure well water for a great tasting and pure brew. Schedule a tour of the brewery and hear the amazing story of how the owner's...
Ebenezer Park
Coast

Rock Hill

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
Ebenezer Park is located on the shores of Lake Wylie. Our campground consists of 69 full hook-up sites (water, sewer & electric). Our amenities include a full service bathhouse, park store, playground, picnic area, swimming (Memorial Day thru Labor Day)...
Attraction
Coast

York

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
The Greater York Chamber serves the cities and towns in western York County. Hickory Grove, McConnell's, Sharon, Smyrna & York. Each of these areas has a unique history and story to tell. The Greater York Chamber sits at the gateway of the City's of...
Chester State Park
Coast

Chester

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
Chester State Park has been a haven for hiking, picnicking, boating and fishing for the surrounding communities in the South Carolina Piedmont ever since it was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s. Centrally located...
Catholic Presbyterian
Coast

Chester

Midlands

Midlands

The
Midlands Region

Learn More
The present brick church, the third on this site, was completed in 1842 by David Lyle. The congregation was established in 1759 and is believed to be one of the oldest in the county. A granite marker states there were 62 men from the church who served in...