Originally completed in 1913, the building served as the Gaffney Post Office until 1991.
In recent years the structure had fallen in disrepair, but instead of suffering the fate of many older buildings that have been demolished to make way for more modern facilities, the City of Gaffney decided to renovate the building and use it for important community functions.
The building now serves as the Visitors Center for the City of Gaffney and also includes community meeting space.
It also will provide local artists with a great place to display their talents as the facility includes an art gallery and two arts studios. The facility will serve as home to the Cherokee County Alliance of Visual Artists and be as a great place for budding artists to hone their craft as classes will be available in everything from sculpting, painting and pottery to cartooning and drawing and other artistic vocations.