Waterfalls. Sunsets. A full moon. When it comes to love, Cupid has nothing on Mother Nature. Setting the mood is as easy as taking a stroll under a starry sky, cuddling in front of a campfire or sharing a picnic lunch by the lake.
South Carolina state parks are the perfect outdoor venue for an affair to remember.
Here are 10 romantic things to do at a South Carolina state park:
1. Paddling by moonlight. Cheraw State Park offers guided moonlight canoe trips on Lake Juniper several times a year. Use one of the park's boats or bring your own.
2. Weekend in a cozy cabin. Oconee State Park cabins have everything you need to rekindle the romance, including a wood-burning fireplace. Who can resist snuggling up by the light of a crackling fire?
3. Selfie with your sweetie. The view of the Blue Ridge Mountains from Table Rock's granite dome makes a romantic backdrop for a couple's photo. And you can celebrate making the 2,000-foot climb together.
4. Take a sunset stroll at the beach. Walk along the pristine white sandy shore at Edisto Beach State Park with your honey as the sun sets across the island. Write your names in the sand, because the beach is for lovers.
5. Stargazing by the lake. The reflection of twinkling stars on Lake Russell is yours to enjoy from one of the many waterfront campsites at Calhoun Falls State Park.
8. Walk to a waterfall. If you prefer a shorter jaunt, take a leisurely stroll to Carrick Creek Falls in Table Rock State Park. It's an easy .2 miles along a paved path, and there's a bench by the pool at the bottom to watch the water dance over the rock ledges.
9. Canoe the Edisto. Paddle a beautiful section of North America's longest free-flowing blackwater river at Aiken State Park. Canoe rentals include shuttle service to the put-in of the 1.7-mile canoe and kayak trail.
10. Relax in a hammock at river's edge. Hang up your hammock along the Edisto River in Colleton State Park and hold your honey as the birds of the forest serenade you.