With more than 79,000 acres of diverse habitats, from tidal marshes to hardwood uplands, South Carolina’s ACE Basin offers endless opportunities to hike, bike, fish, hunt, camp and view nature.
14 Publicly Owned Lands to Experience the ACE Basin
Here are 14 publicly owned areas to explore:
- Botany Bay Heritage Preserve on Edisto Island.
- Edisto Beach State Park on Edisto Island.
- Ernest F. Hollings ACE Basin National Wildlife Refuge near Adams Run.
- Donnelly Wildlife Management Area in Green Pond.
- Bear Island Wildlife Management Area in Green Pond.
- Michael D. McKenzie Field Station on Bennett's Point Road in Green Pond.
- Dungannon Heritage Preserve in Rantowles.
- Caw Caw Interpretive Center in Ravenel.
- Givhans Ferry State Park in Ridgeville.
- Colleton State Park in Canadys.
- Edisto Nature Trail on Hwy 17 in Jacksonboro.
- Walterboro Wildlife Sanctuary in Walterboro.
- Hunting Island State Park on Hunting Island.
- Audubon Beidler Forest in Harleyville.