From the mountains to the sea, South Carolina is home to a number of unique cabin getaways. With so many adventures to choose from, we’ve made a list of the five most unique cabin getaways in South Carolina. And with each cabin comes its own unique adventures.
1. Santee State Park Wake up to a beautiful sunrise over South Carolina’s largest lake at the pier cabins of Santee State Park. Fish for large catfish and bass just feet away from your front door, and be sure to check out the scenic flooded cypress forest for an experience you’ll never forget. Pier cabins require a seven-night reservation during peak season.
2. Table Rock State Park Surrounded by hiking trails and beautiful mountain landscapes, a cabin at Table Rock State Park is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream house. Built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s, Table Rock’s historic cabins have been maintained using traditional methods to preserve their authenticity. Rentals are typically accepted for two nights minimum but may increase during busier periods and holidays.
3. Edisto Beach State Park Overlooking Scott Creek and the salt marshes, the cabins at Edisto Beach State Park are a little over a mile from the ocean! All cabin guests have access to a dock for fishing and even crabbing. Discounted rates may be offered for seasons of lower demand.
4. Hickory Knob State Resort Park The cabins at Hickory Knob State Resort Park are great for a relaxing weekend of golf with friends or family. With a championship-level golf course offering affordable rates and a restaurant at the park lodge, these cabins provide comfort and convenience for when you’re not teeing off. Located on Strom Thurmond Lake, there are a number of water activities available as well. Reservations may be made up to 13 months in advance.
5. Jawbone Cabin Located in Long Creek, South Carolina, Jawbone Cabin is a three-bedroom deluxe cabin that is within walking distance to Wildwater Chattooga Center. Family and friends can find a number of exciting activities, including whitewater rafting, zipline canopy tours, waterfall hikes and kayaking clinics. One-night rentals are permitted.