The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism and Mast General Store are proud to present the Catching Memories: Fish In SC Photo Contest! Beginning May 1 until June 30, you can enter your best fishing photos taken on the waters of South Carolina.
Signing up for the contest is easy! Just visit Facebook.com/DiscoverSC and enter DAILY* for a chance to lure in a variety of exciting prizes.
Once you’re signed up and ready to post, choose a category and show off your photos. The photo categories include Best Catch, Best Family Moment and Best Fishing Spot. So whether you’re looking to show off your latest trophy fish, a treasured family memory or your favorite spot to relax and cast a line in the Palmetto State, we’ve got you covered.
There will be nine weekly drawings and two monthly drawings, all of which will be pulled at random. However, the grand prize and the category winners will be selected and voted on by a committee of judges, with the winners being announced near the end of July.
*Contestants can enter once per day.
The Grand Prize is valued at $2,600 and consists of a fishing expedition provided by Lowcountry & Resort Islands Tourism Commission*, a Mast General Prize Pack, a one-year subscription to South Carolina Wildlife and a copy of a wildlife cookbook.
*Fishing Expedition Details: Five-hour deep sea fishing charter with Captain Wally of Sea Wolf Charters for a family of four. Depart from Beaufort, going about 15 miles offshore.
Best Catch – Fishing expedition provided by Lake Hartwell Country (valued at $900).
- Four-hour Guided Night Fishing Trip on Lake Jocassee.
- Up to six people will meet one of the Upstate’s most experienced fishing guides, Jocassee James. James has brought in
four state records and the next one could have your name on it! Trout, bass and bream have no place to hide when you are with the guide knows Jocassee like the back of his own hand. Trip includes a guided tour and all tackle for up to six people.
Best Family Fishing Moment – Fishing expedition provided by Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB (valued at $946).
- Four all-day tickets on the head boat (New Inlet Princess) leaving out of Murrells Inlet, South Carolina.
- The trip leaves at 7 a.m., goes 45-65 miles out and returns at 6 p.m. Fish for grouper, trigger fish, sea bass, snapper and more.
Best Fishing Spot – Fishing expedition provided by Old 96 District (valued at $750).
- Four-hour fishing trip for a family of four accompanied by fishing guide Wendell Wilson who has over 25 years of experience fishing the lakes in the Old 96 District.
Prizes for Weekly Sweepstakes Winners:
Weekly prizes include everything from Yeti Ramblers to Mast General Store gift cards and more.
Prizes for Monthly Sweepstakes Winners
1. May – Fishing expedition provided by Santee Cooper Country (valued at $200).
- Four-hour catfishing trip with Barbara “Mouse” Witherell for a family of four on Lake Marion, South Carolina’s largest lake.
2. June – Fishing expedition provided by Capital City Lake Murray Country (valued at $400).
- Five-hour fishing trip for a family of four on Lake Murray with professional angler, Michael Murphy.
**All prize winners will be notified via email by a representative of the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism.**
Start gathering your favorite moments captured on South Carolina waters or get out there and start making some new ones! To enter and view Official Rules, visit the Discover South Carolina Facebook page.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years and older. Void where prohibited. Contest begins 5/1/17 and ends 6/30/17. For Official Rules and prize descriptions, visit Discover South Carolina Facebook Page. Presented by the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism, 1205 Pendleton Street, Columbia, SC 29201.